January 27th Dictionary Releases

Not seeing it in HDC, actually - are you sure that's the one? KEY does have it, lists it as dialect for "squat, crouch."

image.jpg

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Ah, sorry, wasn't checking the supplement entries - I guess they came across the same dialect usage.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
NHD finally supports exports, as do the FLTRP ones - go into Registration, write down your ID, Deactivate, Enter Registration ID, re-enter your ID and you should then be able to export from NHD. (Sorry it took so long)

Shun

状元
Great! Though re-entering the Registration ID resulted in a "Registration ID Invalid" message, I had to Restore my purchases and got a new Registration ID. (on iOS)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
In the works, but not too high on our priority list because frankly it hasn't sold very many copies and we don't really expect it to sell well until we get our app localized into Italian (hopefully sometime next year). If you're not happy with it we're happy to arrange a refund, at least if you bought it on Android (on iOS you'd have to write Apple).

Biggest priority for non-English dictionary fixes at the moment is Das Neue Chinesisch-Deutsche Wörterbuch, but even that is generating an order of magnitude lower sales than new English titles like Tuttle and ABC Proverbs, which in turn generate an order of magnitude lower sales than old staples like ABC C-E (or than are indirectly generated by our free PLC and CC-Canto dictionaries), so we have to put most of our resources where they'll do the most good.

If you're not happy with it we're happy to arrange a refund,
There are a lot of bugs, but more and more correct items, so it is useful anyway, non need of refund for me.
I hoped in a revision of "FLTRP Chinese-Italian/Italian-Chinese" made by the original dictionary editors.
In effect in Italy the number of students that learn chinese is growing, but a large amount of chinese learners knows also english; this dictionary is more useful for chinese people that study italian.
Thank you.

Thor

I was looking into upgrading to the pro bundle, but the included Tuttle dictionary displays as the Learner's version. However, I remember reading the full Tuttle would henceforth replace the now obsolete Learner's in bundles, am I doing something wrong (compatibility issues?) or does it have something to do with licensing? If so, will I still be eligible for a half-priced upgrade to the full Tuttle if I purchase the pro bundle? Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
We downgraded it back to Learners when we updated that bundle recently to add Oxford. (Mostly for royalty-saving reasons)