iPhone4 Flashcard settings - changing to one dictionary

Hi,

I am using Pleco on iPhone 4 and had a couple of questions regarding settings for flashcards:

1. Does anyone know how to change all the flashcards within a category that I have created to a particular dictionary for testing? When I added them I used different dictionaries and now testing them, I want the consistency of one dictionary.

Then linked to the above:
2. Does anyone know how to change the settings so that flashcards added are automatically of a particular dictionary? So I don't have to the above next time round...

Many thanks in advance,

Jack

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
jackharrison said:
1. Does anyone know how to change all the flashcards within a category that I have created to a particular dictionary for testing? When I added them I used different dictionaries and now testing them, I want the consistency of one dictionary.

Do a search for "All Cards" with the "Search Cards" command, tap "Edit," "Batch," choose whatever dictionary you want from the "Remap to dictionary" command, then tap "Remap Now."

jackharrison said:
2. Does anyone know how to change the settings so that flashcards added are automatically of a particular dictionary? So I don't have to the above next time round...

You can configure that in Import Cards for imports from text files, but as far as doing it for new words added with the + button there's no support for that yet... wouldn't be a bad idea for a future release, though.

Hi Mike,

Fixed. Thank you. Appreciate your help with that.

Two additional questions (and sorry for my ignorance - just getting my head round the Pleco flashcards). Firstly, if I am looking for a flashcard setting to review my ever-increasing base of characters based on time-lag and scoring, is 'Weighted' the best bet (I don't want to be restricted by how many cards I can see in a review session)?

Secondly, does the programme use the info. on how I have performed so far on each card so that when I set up a new review of characters (e.g. filtering those that I have learnt this week), it will retain the info. on how I performed on those cards that I have previously reviewed (e.g. those ones I reviewed on for instance Monday, again through a filter test)?

Hope this is clear. Thank you in advance.

Best,

Jack
Southern Taiwan

Hi,

Sorry for the inundation but third question on using the card filters:

I am trying to filter for the cards that I have created in a new category on a particular day e.g. today. I enable the card filter to 'created' and enter today's date 9am. However, this fails to pick up cards that have been added to other categories in the past. I realise I can fix this by clearing the history on each of these specific cards but this is time-consuming and I was hoping there might be a simpler solution?!

As always thanks for your great support with the product.

Best,

Jack

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
jackharrison said:
Firstly, if I am looking for a flashcard setting to review my ever-increasing base of characters based on time-lag and scoring, is 'Weighted' the best bet (I don't want to be restricted by how many cards I can see in a review session)?

I'd still go with repetition-spaced; once you finish the past-due cards it'll start showing you cards that aren't yet due in order by their due dates, so you're only as limited as you want to be.

jackharrison said:
Secondly, does the programme use the info. on how I have performed so far on each card so that when I set up a new review of characters (e.g. filtering those that I have learnt this week), it will retain the info. on how I performed on those cards that I have previously reviewed (e.g. those ones I reviewed on for instance Monday, again through a filter test)?

Not quite sure if I understand your question - are you asking if doing one test with filtered cards causes those cards' results from another test to be deleted? If so then the answer is no - the results of previous tests are retained as well.

jackharrison said:
I am trying to filter for the cards that I have created in a new category on a particular day e.g. today. I enable the card filter to 'created' and enter today's date 9am. However, this fails to pick up cards that have been added to other categories in the past. I realise I can fix this by clearing the history on each of these specific cards but this is time-consuming and I was hoping there might be a simpler solution?!

Filter on "modified" instead - "modified" doesn't include reviews, it just includes changes to the card's text or its category assignments.