iPad/iPhone audio not working

Hey all,

For some reason, the audio on my iphone and ipad doesn't work when using Pleco. I have the full version of the apps (all the features you can buy), but when I push the audio button to pronounce the word, I get nothing. I close out of the app and make sure the volume is turned up (can't seem to control volume directly within the app using the volume control on my device), but still nothing. I even checked the app settings and put the volume on 10, still nothing. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
cdthiggins said:
Hey all,

For some reason, the audio on my iphone and ipad doesn't work when using Pleco. I have the full version of the apps (all the features you can buy), but when I push the audio button to pronounce the word, I get nothing. I close out of the app and make sure the volume is turned up (can't seem to control volume directly within the app using the volume control on my device), but still nothing. I even checked the app settings and put the volume on 10, still nothing. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Check the mute switch on the side of each device - is it turned on?

I checked and the mute button is definitely not switched on. Audio works for all other apps on my ipad, but not for pleco. It used to work, but now it doesn't. It doesn't work in both dictionary and flashcard mode. My ipad2 is brand new.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
cdthiggins said:
I checked and the mute button is definitely not switched on. Audio works for all other apps on my ipad, but not for pleco. It used to work, but now it doesn't. It doesn't work in both dictionary and flashcard mode. My ipad2 is brand new.

Have you updated to 2.2.5 yet? That should fix this.