Installing Pleco on Windows 11 with Magisk on WSA (Google Apps)

achaiyas

Dear everyone,

I just found a way to install Pleco (Android version) on Windows 11 without using Bluestack.

Windows recently launched "Windows subsystem for Andriod (WSA)" but it does not come with Google Play Store. However, a developer (https://github.com/LSPosed/MagiskOnWSALocal) made a modified version of WSA that contains Google Play Store which then allows you to install apps from Google Play Store, including our beloved application, 'Pleco'.

You can follow the steps here --> https://beebom.com/how-install-google-play-store-windows-11/

I have tried several features (ebook readers, OCR, dictionaries) and they work perfectly at this point (except for the screen reader because the app can not see the real screen).

I think this solution is less heavy and less complicated than using Bluestack
I use another google account with this Google Play Store and register the app with my Pleco ID to synchronize all the add-ons. I recommend you do so.

Goodluck!

Thanks so much for sharing, this looks great. Just wondering how smoothly Pleco runs in this scenario, and whether copying and pasting to and from things like Word documents and web browers are straightforward. At the moment I use Microsoft Phone Link to easily run my phone screen on my PC and use Pleco that way. I can copy and paste etc. and it's easy to connect but... it can be a little bit laggy/glitchy and I'm wondering if the above method will resolve this. Thanks!

achaiyas

Thanks so much for sharing, this looks great. Just wondering how smoothly Pleco runs in this scenario, and whether copying and pasting to and from things like Word documents and web browers are straightforward. At the moment I use Microsoft Phone Link to easily run my phone screen on my PC and use Pleco that way. I can copy and paste etc. and it's easy to connect but... it can be a little bit laggy/glitchy and I'm wondering if the above method will resolve this. Thanks!
Hello Frumpy Ducky,

You're welcome. It works smoothly as if it is a native application on Windows. You can copy and paste things to Pleco straightforwardly as you would do for copying something from a web browser to Microsoft Word.

However, to copy something from Pleco, you will need to double-click and then select 'copy' or 'select all'. I think it considers 'double-click' as a long press.

In the attached photo, I showed you that I copy and paste something from a web browser directly.

Best

Attachments

• 1673797815917.png
    1673797815917.png
    227.6 KB · Views: 178
There is some problem about exchanging files from/to Android to/from Windows. I solved the problem using AOW Tools:

Last edited: