installing on multiple android devices

fij

Hi,

Great tool, thanks!

I'm planning to buy one of the Android Pleco packages.

Can I install pleco on more than one device? (without paying again)

Thanks

fij

Thanks, Mike!

How can I copy my flashcards from one Android to another?

I just gave my Android to a family member so that she can use my already nicely customized Pleco, but now I'd like to move my flashcards to another Android so that I can continue using them & add more cards.

Thanks again,
Illes

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
fij said:
How can I copy my flashcards from one Android to another?

The "Backup Database" command in Flashcards will put all of your flashcards in a compact little file on your SD card which you can then email / copy / etc wherever you like and restore with the corresponding "Restore Database" command.

theo

Hello Mike,

I would like to ask a follow up question:
When you say 3 devices, do you mean at the same time? the three same devices (e.g. phone 1, tablet 1 and tablet 2)? or three installations?

Since I like to experiment, regular formatting or just bugs will lead to several installations.
Please clarify that for me - as a student (even thought I love your software ^^) I got to make sure as to how I spend my money ;-)

Thanks for this great app!
Theo

P.S.: If I buy the "Pleco Professinal Bundle" for Android, will the up-coming add-ons be included (i.e. be for free)? or do I have to purchase them additionally then?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
theo said:
I would like to ask a follow up question:
When you say 3 devices, do you mean at the same time? the three same devices (e.g. phone 1, tablet 1 and tablet 2)? or three installations?

Three at the same time.

theo said:
P.S.: If I buy the "Pleco Professinal Bundle" for Android, will the up-coming add-ons be included (i.e. be for free)? or do I have to purchase them additionally then?

Probably not - occasionally they are, if it's something we develop entirely in-house or if we work things out licensing-wise so that it's feasible, but we generally tell people to only expect to get the add-ons that were included in their original purchase.

I also now have two android devices and would like to be able to keep the Flashcard Database the same on each device. If you are a heavy user of flashcards and are updating them from both devices frequently it seems that copying the database and transferring would become tedious. I was wondering if there is someway to use something like Google Drive to store the database in. On my wifi only tablet I store and point to the file in the Google Drive. Google Drive then copies to the cloud and then on my phone I point to Google Drive. If this were possible you could keep the database updated for all devices.

Thanks,
Fred

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
dahuailang said:
I also now have two android devices and would like to be able to keep the Flashcard Database the same on each device. If you are a heavy user of flashcards and are updating them from both devices frequently it seems that copying the database and transferring would become tedious. I was wondering if there is someway to use something like Google Drive to store the database in. On my wifi only tablet I store and point to the file in the Google Drive. Google Drive then copies to the cloud and then on my phone I point to Google Drive. If this were possible you could keep the database updated for all devices.

We're hoping / expecting that Google releases a full-fledged iCloud competitor in Android 5 (in fact we were surprised they didn't do so in Android 4), so we'd rather use that than kludge together something with Google Drive which that update will immediately render obsolete.

Just wanted to let you know that I have at least been able to more easily update my flashcards between two devices. I still think the direction should be an automatic cloud solution. I will patiently wait for this. Instead I used the standard backup and restore function in Pleco. Since I do not have SD Cards I used the Wifi Direct Feature in Jelly Bean. Wifi Direct transfered the file from one device to the other very quickly. Aside from the initial problem of figuring out where the back up funtion put the file and where Direct put it on the other device, it worked perfectly. I love technology!!!

Thanks,
Fred