Importing flashcard files

Paul Feng

I think I found a flashcard import bug. If you take a flashcard file and place it in Google Drive, and try to import from Google Drive, something goes haywire. When I did it, I got a warning asking me "Do the characters below look correct and readable?" And it wouldn't import.

Also, the import file location picker seems kind of crashy - I got dumped out of the app a bunch of times while trying this out.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Was this a text file or a flashcard database backup? Also, did you submit those crash logs to Google when prompted? What model of phone is this and what version of Android is it running?

Paul Feng

Hey, Mike.

I think it was a flashcard database backup - a xml file... here's how it starts (for some reason, it won't let me upload the file):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><plecoflash formatversion="2" creator="Pleco User 16843267" generator="Pleco 2.0 Flashcard Exporter" platform="Android" created="1384124149">....

And no, I didn't report errors, because it didn't offer. The app just stopped.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Ah, yes, it looks like the system wasn't correctly detecting that a file is XML rather than text when it comes from GDrive - thanks, we should have this fixed in 3.1.2.