HSK 3.0 words minus HSK 2.0 words

望城

I have imported the pre made HSK 3.0 and HSK 2.0 lists but I would like a list of all the HSK 3.0 words that arent included in HSK 2.0.
I found an online pleco staff member say this:
''do a search for cards in HSK 2.0, then on the result page, go to Edit / Batch, set Category to HSK 3.0, and tap "Remove cards from category" - that will leave HSK 3.0 with only the cards that aren't in 2.0.''
But I dont understand these instructions. When I am in 'organize cards' and I click on the HSK 2.0 I cant view the entire list only the child categories of HSK 1-6 and when I go the list of words in the child categories I dont understand how to set the category to HSK 3.0.
Any help is appreciated!

Shun

状元
Hi 望城,

I think that's a good idea. The instructions you mention would have worked, as long as the duplicate cards were all properly merged in the Flashcards database, which one can't rely on. So I quickly created the difference list using Python (I attach the easy source for it).

I used Pleco's built-in HSK 2.0 and HSK 3.0 vocabulary lists in Legacy Pleco 3.2. I had to start with an empty flashcards database so it wouldn't merge the cards it added with any of my pre-existing cards that had “abused” the pinyin field.

There are about 5,100 cards in the HSK 2.0, over 11,000 cards in the HSK 3.0, and about 6,500 cards only in the HSK 3.0.

Enjoy,

Shun

Attachments

• filter_only_hsk3_mitcat.py.txt
    509 bytes · Views: 53
  • onlyhsk3-nohsk2-withcat.txt
    159.6 KB · Views: 46
  • hsk2-list.txt
    120.6 KB · Views: 47
  • hsk3-list-withcat.txt
    273.5 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: JD