How to add custom fields to cards?

increpare

I'm really enjoying how flashcards work in Pleco - very easy to add new ones, and with information pre-filled from good dictionaries (also very important: the app loads quickly so it's no bother to whip it out at any moment when I have time :) ). I'd really like to be able to add an extra field to the cards so I can see their cursive forms also (displaying the traditional character using cursive font is more than enough) - with my Anki flashcard deck I was able to practice my cursive forms as I went, and I've started to neglect it since moving to Pleco. Any tips?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks!

There isn't really a straightforward way to do this at the moment, but we're in the process of fixing that (big revamp to settings we're in the midst of right now). It doesn't sound like you actually want a separate field here, but just the ability to display the traditional headword field in a cursive font? Appended to the bottom of the card?

increpare

>It doesn't sound like you actually want a separate field here, but just the ability to display the traditional headword field in a cursive font?

Yeah.

> Appended to the bottom of the card?

The ideal scenario would be to display it alongside the main regular script Headword, in the same way you can display a simplified variant alongside the traditional form.

About appending/prepending - above would be preferable to below I think, if it didn't push the main card too far down. The main negative thing about putting it under the existing card vs above is that some characters have very long definitions and so I might to go foraging for it rather than having it be in a reliable place I could glance to.

(I'm aware this is a somewhat special use case)

Last edited: