how does SRS actually work?

Upwano

Hi I am new to Pleco and struggling to understand how the SRS is supposed to work. I have set my flashcards to SRS, however, I never receive any pop ups that I am supposed to do another test or review a set of cards. Am I missing something? For example, I do a TEST of 100 flashcards, then I get a score, say 80% correct, 20% incorrect. I understood SRS to mean that a week later I get a popup and I then get to review the entire deck, with a re-test focus on the incorrect cards. If someone can help me through this, highly appreciated.

Thanks much!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sorry for the confusion. We don't provide popups (I'm a strong believer in not nagging people with notifications unless absolutely necessary - far too many apps clutter up people's notification windows for no good reason); instead, cards simply accumulate as being due for review on a particular day. So if you go into Pleco and start a new test, you should see a mix of some newly introduced cards + some previously reviewed cards that are due to be reviewed again; SRS is just about determining when cards are due.