How do I set flashcards to test me on writing?

I have Pleco on my iPhone. I want the Flashcard part of the app to prompt me with the pinyin and definition and to test me on my writing using the handwriting recognizer. I have spent the better part of an hour reading the instruction manual and playing with the various settings in the app and can't for the life of me figure out how to set the app to do what I want. Can you please give me detailed, clear instructions on how to set this up? (I do not have a software background and I am middle-aged, so please try to frame your response in a way that I might understand it.) Thanks!

yoose

探花
this is what i do when i want to test my writing.

in the flashcard testing screen. there is an option for show. it is the 4th option under Basic Settings, which is the second white box. from there you can select pinyin + defn. then when you enter the test you can press the button at the top with the character 字. Pressing that will let you write to the screen and when I am done i press the reveal button to see if I am correct or not. hope this helps, but it seems like you might want the full screen handwriting to automatically check to see if you wrote the character correctly in which case i do not know how to do that and am not sure if it is possible.

Vzzzbx

进士
From main flashcards screen, tap Flashcard Testing and you should see a screen that looks like this:

Screenshot%202010.05.05%2003.20.24.png

Set the following:

Test type -> Fill-in-the-blanks
Prompt for -> Characters
Show -> Pinyin + Defn

That should give you exactly what you need.