How do I create a New File?

gregash26

秀才
I first ran into this issue using the clipboard reader, but even if I just wanted to type something up myself, I can't find a way to create an editable document.

I was trying to copy song lyrics into Pleco to make a file. To start off, I can use the clipboard reader, but from here, I don't have any options to edit or save the file. In desperation, I was going to use the "share" function to send a file to my Inbox, but Pleco isn't an option to share to.

I don't see an option for creating a file in the Reader. In File Manger, I can choose Edit>New>New File. But the blank file that I create can't be opened.

(There's also a very minor bug where clicking Edit in File Manager, and then clicking < Settings to go back to the settings page makes the bottom menu disappear. It comes back when you click on File Manager again or one of the other options. So just a few seconds of confusion. A similar thing happens if you click Edit within a folder in the Reader and then click < Reader to go back. Only this is slightly worse because if you re-select the folder, the bottom menu still doesn't come back. You have to open a document to get the menu back. This can all be avoided by no allowing dummies like me to click the back button before clicking Done when editing.)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Try going to Settings / Registration / Check for other purchases - does that make those accessible? Or if there's no ID on that screen, tap 'enter registration ID' and enter it. It should be possible for you to open files with the paid document reader add-on - which I see you have - and with the paid version there's also a share menu in the clipboard reader to let you save them.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yeah, it basically boils down to having too many things to squeeze into a toolbar - same reason Apple has consolidated a lot of stuff under 'share' in other parts of iOS.