How can I add new dictionary-based flashcards directly to a category?

I divide my flashcards into categories based on the chapter or lesson I'm dealing with.

What I currently do to add new dictionary-based flashcards to that category: go to Settings; go to Flashcards; go to Default Category; and choose the category. I then go the Dictionary, search for the word, and press the little "+" button at the top to add it to the category. Straightforward, and this works OK when I first create and fill the category. Often however when I'm looking at the lesson later I'll want to add one or two more cards to the category, and I can't find a convenient way to do this - the above process seems quite belaboured if I'm just adding a single card.

I know that if I want to make my "own" flashcards I can go to Organize Cards, get to the category, and choose "New Card" at the bottom. But as far as I can tell that doesn't let me choose words from the dictionary. I'd like to be quickly able to just add another dictionary-based card from within the category, rather than change the default as described above. Is this possible? I'm guessing I'm missing something.

A similar streamlining issue: is it possible to just start a flashcard study session when I'm looking at the category? Of course I can choose New Test, then go through and select the categories, but often I just want to quickly do a review of whatever category I'm looking at (or have indeed just created). I've already "selected" it by looking at it - it seems a little redundant to go back through several other steps to re-select it for studying.

Thanks in advance!

(Apologies if there's already a thread about these issues, but I couldn't find it.)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Tap-and-hold on + and you can select a category to put the cards into - future cards will then also be put in that category until you tap-hold to change it again. There's an option in Settings / Flashcards to pop up a multi-level category selection screen instead of just showing the top-level popup list.