Handwriting on OCR

Miguel

状元
Would it be possible while using the OCR (specially with still OCR), to use hand writing over the image? Sometimes the OCR is not so accurate and this way you could just write the character following the lines.

Miguel

状元
Hi, ACardiganAndAFrown. Thanks for your answer :), but I haven't been able to write on top of the characters. When I hold on a character the "Choose Alternate Character" pops up. Could you give me further instructions? :oops:

still ocr - click hold bring up this screen:

IMG_5702.PNG

and then you can write just directly on top of it like this:

IMG_5703.PNG

Miguel

状元
Is that Iphone Pleco or Android? I attach a picture of what I get on Android. Can't see anything similar to yours:(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170609-181709.png
    Screenshot_20170609-181709.png
    261.9 KB · Views: 345

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
iOS only, but we'll likely add it on Android in 4.0 (or soon after) since we're going to drop support for a lot of old terrible devices for which this sort of image extraction / screen overlay would have represented a complex programming challenge.

One problem I have is in a picture like this

IMG_5705.PNG

The 十 is wrong but it's unclickable.

十 is shown as -「 and when the text is extracted it's written together as: 七-「一米.

But why can I click on 七 and 一 but not what's in between?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That's another thing we'd like to address in a later version - allow changes to the character rects too, not just fixing a mis-recognized but correctly positioned character.