Handwriting Interface: Show 2nd Characters on Tap

LinZheFu

进士
An especially useful feature on my iPad version of Pleco doesn't appear to be in Android - or can you help me find it? It is the "show 2nd characters on tap" setting under Settings>Panels>Handwriting Interface. The settings for Android are so different - can't find anything like Panels or Handwriting Interface now, but would love to know how to regain the 2nd characters on tap feature. For those not familiar with it, once you have entered a character by handwriting, selecting a character from the list displayed then shows commonly used second characters from common two-character words using the first character typed. Very good for finding the most commonly used combinations, as opposed to all sorts of esoteric ones listed in the dictionary.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yeah, the Android settings are about to get the same purge that the iOS ones just got - the setting you're looking for is under Dictionary / Input Methods / Handwriting. You can also handle cases like this by typing the Pinyin for the second character if you know that ("你hao" e.g.).

LinZheFu

进士
Wow, it's there and I'm delighted. Thanks! And thanks for the prompt response. I have bought nearly all the add-ons for both platforms, iPad and Android, and am happy to support such a great product with excellent service!