handwriting input - where to find?

nearingdo

Hello, new user of Pleco here. On the android product page (https://www.pleco.com/products/pleco-for-android/) it says there is support for handwriting input:

Handwriting input – with a recognition engine licensed from China’s leading maker of handwriting input systems. And it’s free for a limited time!

But I couldn't find where to access this function. Could someone point me in the right direction?

The only thing I can find is in the store there is an "Enhanced Handwriting Recognizer" as a paid addon.

Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
There should be a paintbrush icon above the keyboard in the main search screen - is that not appearing correctly?

nearingdo

Hi, thanks for asking, i attach what I see on the main screen. I am using gboard. I don't see any input method even if i download the demo of the enhanced handwriting recognizer. Is there perhaps a setting that I accidentally disabled?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230122.png
    Screenshot_20230122.png
    85.7 KB · Views: 141

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
There should be a bar underneath the search box to let you change the selected input method. Maybe you somehow accidentally hid it in settings - does it help if you go into the Settings screen and tap on the option to reset to defaults?