Hana Min up-to-date?

Abun

榜眼
During our discussion about converting the Minnan dictionary by the Taiwanese MoE (http://plecoforums.com/threads/moe-minnan-and-hakka-dictionaries.4938/), I was made aware by @jasonmcdowell that at the end of last year there was a new Unicode CJK extension, Extension E, as well as a subsequent update of the HanaMin font to include these characters. However in my Pleco the concerning characters (for example the character 足百 (U+2C9B0) which is used in the MoE's Minnan dictionary) still show up as rectangles, so I guess the font has not been updated. Is this a problem in my installation (maybe during the updating process a version of HanaMin was detected, so the new one was not copied over?) or has the HanaMin font in the installation files simply not been updated, yet? And is it possible for a user to manually change the fallback font (in this case to an updated version)?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You could dig around in /Android/data/com.pleco.chinesesystem/files/modules and probably find the folder with HanaMinB to swap out, yes. We'll update it in the not-too-distant future but everything having to do with fonts on Android is a fragmentation nightmare so we have to test it heavily before we update it.