Flashcards: numbers of cards

inorbit

举人
Is there an easy way to know how many cards I have in total?
Is there an easy way to know how many cards I have in a hierarchical category?

The only way I have found to obtain this number is by selecting the hierarchical category(ies), begin a test session with all cards, see the number in the upper left corner and after that quit the test.

For the future, I think something like the following would be very interesting:

In Organize Cards:

3 Categories in "Flashcards" [55]

Animals [20]
Food [25]
Uncategorized [10]

And if I click on Food [25]:

Fruits [10]
Vegetables [10]
Meat [5]

Thanks

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
We actually list the number of cards in a category at the top of that category - if you tap on "Animals" you should see "20 cards in "Animals"". You can get a count of total cards or of cards in a category plus its children in the Statistics screen.

inorbit

举人
Thanks Mike, I have overlooked the statistics screen.

One advantage of having a number directly beside the category is that when you see all the categories (like in Organize Cards or in Card Statistics -> Flashcards), with only a glance, you can know the number for all the categories.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
True - to be honest it's a bit of a performance problem at the moment but we're working on a much more performance-efficient way of handling categories for the big flashcard database format update we're doing next year.

Ye Kaiwen

秀才
That's good. I have the entire HSK series of cards, plus cards from various textbooks I have used over the years... that database is getting quite large.