Flashcards and testing down (at times)

Hi!
(Latest version, iPhone 4S) I have had this happen to me about 3 or 4 times in the last couple of months: flashcards are not accessible. I get a message to send an email to support, which I was going to do, but then the message with the address went away and I did not write it down. Sometimes, just quitting the app suffices or rebooting the phone once. Today I did it three times to no avail, and just now, as I was getting ready to look for support email, it works again. The malfunction seems to be erratic. The screen where the parameters are is full of question marks where usually are the numbers for the number of flashcards or the number of categories for example. Is there a way to avoid this from happening again?
Thanks for your reply and best regards (and otherwise congratulation on this absolutely magnificent app!)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Are you using iOS 7.1 or an earlier version? And have you enabled iCloud sync? Try temporarily disabling that and see if it improves matters - this usually means the system has locked down the database waiting for it to sync.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm, well that's odd then - could you possibly email me (mikelove@pleco) a backup of your flashcard database? Could be that it's corrupted in some way that's causing the system to take a very long time to load it on startup.