Flashcards about food

Miguel

状元
Hi,
I have made my own list of vocabulary about food (something very useful living in China). It also has other vocabulary related (tableware, places to eat, expressions...). It's around 500 cards. I live in Sichuan so the vocabulary and dishes are mainly from here. I don't eat meat or fish so you will find a lot of vegetables and fruits, although I have a lot of meat dishes in order to know what not to choose in a restaurant. My list is constantly growing and I guess it has some mistakes or words that are not so useful but it might be helpful for people who want to practice this specific terms.
It would be great if more people could share your 'food flashcards' here so we can make a bigger list

Attachments

• food-flashcards.txt
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,727
  • food-flashcardsV2.txt
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,380

Sy

进士
Useful! And the most tasty food if from Sichuan anyway, so that should be okay!

Here is the shorter list....not the first LONG LIST.
How do you produce such list? Manually type in Chinese characters and pinyin......etc
How can I copy and paste onto Microsoft WORD? I like to arrange the list in pinyin
Index order. I just want to test the indexing scheme.

Miguel

状元
Little by little I keep adding terms from the dictionary and some from other sources. I have added a few more if anyone is interested.

markv

秀才
@Sy I'm not sure I understand your meaning... You want to import the flashcards info MS Office? I think Excel is a better choice than Word, perhaps you can import it as some kind of csv file.

@Miguel: Thanks!

Last edited:

Miguel

状元
What I mean is that I didn't make the list with MS Office. I just used my cellphone and Pleco, I manually added them with it.

Sy

进士
image.jpeg

Miguel

状元
Hi Sy, I really don't know why. I see them. If you are seeing just squares instead of the Chinese characters might need to install the Chinese fonts. Which program are you using to open them?

Sy

进士
Thanks, Miguel .i saw the Chinese characters in your first and third postings but
Greek letters like in the second post. It must be the conversion went bad .
It is not really important .i just skip that post for now.i like your other posts that
You put so much work on them. I like to index the terms in pinyin in fast mode.
Indexing is in my blood or my passion.
Previously MARKV said to use Excel is better than WORD. HOwever I found WORD
CAN SORT with better control in WORD TABLE
LATER, after I learn the flash card system with OCR, l want to test sort your data
And others like physics terminology....etc