Flashcard Download Issue

insighter

举人
I have a flashcard list on my computer that I would like to put onto my iPod touch but can't. I have tried entering the "Local" I.P address into several different browser windows that come up when I select the "Get Word Lists" and then choose "Upload from another computer" but I've never been able to connect. My iPod is on the same wifi network as my laptop, and I know if this is a network issue it's probably beyond anyone's ability to assist me, but any ideas?

Thanks

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
insighter said:
I have a flashcard list on my computer that I would like to put onto my iPod touch but can't. I have tried entering the "Local" I.P address into several different browser windows that come up when I select the "Get Word Lists" and then choose "Upload from another computer" but I've never been able to connect. My iPod is on the same wifi network as my laptop, and I know if this is a network issue it's probably beyond anyone's ability to assist me, but any ideas?

Yeah, it's tough to diagnose issues like this remotely - probably something in your WiFi router settings that prevents devices on your network from easily messaging each other. Are you sure you're entering the port number (number after the colon) along with the IP address?

My main recommendation would be that you skip WiFi altogether and do this over USB instead; see this post for instructions on that.