Flash cards started disappearing

Hello all,

I’m using Pleco with add-ons on an iPad Pro and an iPhone 12. Recently I’ve started going over my flash cards to prepare for a test. I’ve haven’t had many issues with cloud sync and backups before, but all the progress I’ve made reorganizing cards within last week disappeared!

All the cards were in a folder titled “HSK 5” with subsections for each chapter. I went over them for the last several days and then… checked again today to see all flash cards were the same as a week ago. No additions or edits that I made. All the new chapter subsections suddenly gone. This is the second time this has happened this month and it seems to only happen within the HSK 5 folder.

I would like to continue using Pleco flash cards for test prep, but they’re no use if cards aren’t saved. Please let me know how I could fix this issue.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sorry about that. I would recommend disabling iCloud sync - we've been putting up warnings around people turning it on for several years now, that particular type of iCloud file sharing no longer seems to work reliably and we haven't found a way to make it work reliably. In fact, we're removing it altogether in our next major update.

As far as recovering your flashcards, we automatically make backups of your flashcard database outside of iCloud once a week if you've got your flashcards set to sync on iCloud; you should see those backups in 'file manager' (whichever one of 'weekly backup A' and 'weekly backup B' is newer). If you restore from one of those backups and disable iCloud sync it should hopefully work much more reliably going forward.