First impressions

schmo

Just got to try the Beta and wanted to share a few things i came across :)

1. I think the new design is pretty cool. Seems more fitting to me than the old one. I don’t really like the app icon that much but that’s a just a minor issue.

2. Trying to change the font size of ruby characters seems to not work for zhuyin above and in between the text. The characters are a bit hard to make out on my phone screen so the only solution right now was changing the overall font size.

3. It’s not a big issue for me at the moment but is there a way to still purchase new features/dictionaries in the beta? (Like the Classical Chinese dictionary for example) Just curious since they are gone in the legacy version too.

4. And just a personal preference but is there a way to not have the search history show all the time?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks!

1) Yeah, we're re-evaluating that icon.

2) That's not currently supported for Zhuyin; we thought it was more important to keep them neatly aligned to character boxes (following the MoE standards for Ruby layout), since that seems to be how most other places do this. We can reconsider that based on feedback, but AFAIK you're the first person to mention it so far; we normally do just recommend using a larger font. (it is however a bug that the font size option is appearing with Ruby set to use Zhuyin, so we can fix that at least)

3) You can buy them from our website - store.pleco.com; it's not possible to offer paid in-app purchases in TestFlight apps.

4) You mean in the search screen? If you go into Settings / Search Settings and turn on 'legacy search screen interface' that will restore the old layout, with no search history.

schmo

Oh, thank you for the quick reply!

2) Yeah, I understand that. I think i can get used to the current layout.

3) Ok, thanks a lot!

4) I see, I wasn't sure what that option meant haha