File Manager

alanshi

举人
A few random comments/questions for the new file manager:

1) I notice that there are a lot of *.txt.plecobookmark files that are present in each folder (seems like these exist even if I never made any bookmarks explicitly for the file). Are these files supposed to be there? Not sure if maybe they were created as part of the migration (and I just couldn't see them in the old version), or they are new.

2) I have a folder with over 1000 text files, excluding bookmark files (most of them less than 10KB). When I click on that folder, it takes 10-20 seconds on my iPad Pro 2018 to open. In the legacy version, it opened more or less instantly.

3) Is there a way to filter the view so I don't see the hidden files by default? Since these files were not created by me, the extra items make it harder to find the files I did create.

4) Visually, it would be nice of folders have an even more obvious differentiation than files (maybe fully shaded rather than outlined?). The icons are a bit subtle and I think this would make it easier to find what I'm looking for (since I have a ton of files, and many folders interspersed). Maybe even being able to have a secondary sort by type (e.g. folders all show up first) would help?

5) Absolutely love the sort by date feature!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
1) Those normally get deleted at the end of the migration process from 3.0 - after we've imported them into a centralized database. So they were there all along, just hidden in the old app. If you've got everything working OK in the legacy app and you want to try migrating again, delete 4.0, go into the settings screen in Legacy, tap 'delete migration data', tap 'migrate to new app', and then download + open 4.0 and it should copy everything right back and import it again. (though you might want to wait to do this until next week when we've made this process faster)

2) That definitely shouldn't be happening, will investigate.

3) Unfortunately no - we should probably add a 'select all' to the editing interface so you can bulk delete files from a search.

4) Good idea, thanks!

alanshi

举人
Cool, thanks. Will wait for next week's update and try #1 again.

Let me know if you need any more details for #2.

Select all does seem like a handy feature, that I would probably use if you had it :).