Feature Request: E-mail Documents (or Flashcards) Directly

ibid

I am not sure if this has been requested before, but it's a feature I feel crucial to make Pleco more streamlined and competitive with other iOS dictionaries.

I would like to be able to e-mail myself any or all of my files and/or flashcards (in a list) from my iPhone's Pleco. Other Chinese dictionaries on the iOS have this feature (see Qingwen). Qingwen has made it very easy to look up characters I haven't seen or heard in class and e-mail myself the list for study later. Having to go through all the windows under Flashcards to get to upload/download files and then pairing my PC by Bluetooth or IP address is just far too tedious.

I'd be interested to hear everyone's thoughts.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Re: Feature Request: E-mail Documents (or Flashcards) Direct

ibid said:
I would like to be able to e-mail myself any or all of my files and/or flashcards (in a list) from my iPhone's Pleco. Other Chinese dictionaries on the iOS have this feature (see Qingwen). Qingwen has made it very easy to look up characters I haven't seen or heard in class and e-mail myself the list for study later. Having to go through all the windows under Flashcards to get to upload/download files and then pairing my PC by Bluetooth or IP address is just far too tedious.

Already doable through the File Manager screen (Settings / File Manager, or Flashcards / Export Cards / File Manager); tap on the "Edit" button, select a file, then tap on "Email."

LinZheFu

进士
Oh, I see, one does edit, selects a file, and then can choose Email which shows up as a faint, easy-to-miss button at the bottom of the screen. That worked!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yeah, iOS 7/8 doesn't have a really good solution to the 'disabled button' problem design-wise; once you tap on an item to select it Email becomes much more visible.