Extracting sentences from reader

I have read through all the Mandarin Companion series on my kindle, and now I'm enjoying the graded readers on Pleco. They seem to be very high quality so far I'm glad to say.

One advantage Kindle has over the Pleco reader is highlighting - if I don't understand a sentence on the kindle, then I would look up the key word, highlight the sentence, and keep reading. At the end of the book I would then go back to all my highlighted sentences and add them to my SRS.

It doesn't look like there is a highlight function in Pleco, so I'm copying the sentences manually then pasting them into a word doc on my phone. It's a bit more clunky than having a highlight feature. Is there any easier way to do this? Maybe an option to 'share' sentences automatically to a word doc file?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks!

There's no option like that at the moment, but we are working on both a highlight feature and a feature to automatically log the context where you looked up (or added) a word.

Thanks!

There's no option like that at the moment, but we are working on both a highlight feature and a feature to automatically log the context where you looked up (or added) a word.
Hi, I looked through the manual and the forum and this seems to be the most recent post about the topic. I was wondering if you are still working on a way to add the sentence/context of a word that has been added through the document reader?
It's very useful to see the word in its original context when reviewing cards.

Thank you

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
It’s implemented in our beta version on iOS, so it should come to Android once we port that over, but I don’t have any information to share about when that might be completed.