Example sentence when creating Anki flashcards

shiki

举人
I want to request this feature since I really like this app and it's Anki flashcard feature. I like that you can add example sentences automatically but the only small problem sometimes is that a given dictionary might have a ton of example sentences, far too many for my Anki card. I would like to ask for the option to limit the # of sentences to any number selected in the settings. For example, maybe just 1, 3 or 5 or whatever the user wants to limit the # to.

My 2nd request is the ability to send these example sentences to a different Anki field, not just the definition field. Allowing us to add the examples to any field we choose. I think it would let us do the organizing of example sentences through Anki css styling to be a lot more convenient and neat, and wouldn't have to involve the definition.

Thank you for your consideration!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240527_163335_Pleco.jpg
    Screenshot_20240527_163335_Pleco.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_20240528_124411_Pleco.jpg
    Screenshot_20240528_124411_Pleco.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 73

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks!

With your first suggestion, would it maybe be better to limit it to one sentence per word sense? My concern about taking simply X many from the beginning is that you might end up with a lot of sentences illustrating one of them and zero sentences illustrating another.

With the second suggestion, I guess we'd be outputting these as formatted HTML?

shiki

举人
Oh yeah when there's multiple senses, I'd limit it to 1 or 2 sentences.

I just remembered. For outputting sentences, while the formatted html (the colors and styles included right?) is nice, I'd like to also see a "output as plaintext" option as well.

And if possible, an option to not output the sentence reading and translations of sentences please (2 separate buttons or together as one I think is good, I don't use both in my Anki cards and they take up a lot of space on my phone)