Error: iCloud inaccessible

etm001

状元
Hi,

Earlier today I was troubleshooting iOS instant hotspot, and in the process logged out of iCloud on both my iPad and iPhone. Although I've logged back into iCloud, Pleco generates an "iCloud inaccessible" error on startup. I've verified that iCloud drive is enabled and that Pleco is enabled for it. I've logged in/out of iCloud and rebooted both devices multiple times, but the error is still generated.

Thanks!

etm001

状元
I resolved the issue by selecting to create a blank flashcard database, then enabling iCloud sync in Pleco settings. The blank database was immediately uploaded to iCloud, but no database conflict warning was generated. I disabled/re-enabled iCloud sync again, after which the database conflict warning was generated, and I then was then able to select the correct database and download it.

Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sorry about that - we think we've eliminated the cause of these in the already-submitted-to-Apple 3.2.4 update.

etm001

状元
Sorry about that - we think we've eliminated the cause of these in the already-submitted-to-Apple 3.2.4 update.

Just FYI this issue still exists in 3.2.4. I was troubleshooting another app which required logging out of iCloud. After logging back into iCloud I opened Pleco, and the "iCloud inaccessible" error was generated. I selected to create a blank database, enabled iCloud in settings, and download my previously saved database.

Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm, just tried reproducing this here without luck - did you also use Pleco while you were logged out of iCloud? Or did you log into a different iCloud account in between?