Empty dictionary frame

rzorn

Hi all,

I am experiencing the following problem. Maybe someone also had it and even solved the issue:

PlecoDict starts, everything seems to work except the main dictionary frame does not show anything and the border around the window with the menu entries 'Dict Edit...' is missing. Pleco buttons and vocabulary list on the right show properly (including Chinese characters). Handwritten character recognition works too.

I installed the demo version on a hardware designed to run a GPS navigation system under Windows CE 4.2 (which according to Wikipedia is based on Mobile 2003). I used the automatic installer pcox103.exe, everything is under \Program Files\PlecoDict so in main memory. I had to add aygshell.dll and htmlview.dll in \Windows because they were missing on my system.

Can it be that the added DLLs are the reason because they may be from another version of Windows Mobile? Another reason may be that there is another chinese font (mingliu) installed.

All the best and thanks for your help,
Reiner

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
It's actually the other way around, Windows Mobile 2003 is based on Windows CE 4.2 and there are some extra features in WM which aren't available in Windows CE. So there's unfortunately no way to get our software working on a regular Windows CE system; even with those DLLs installed there are a number of other things that either don't work at all on CE 4.2 or don't work the same way.