E-C Flashcard deck from Tuttle's Sentences?

Alexis

状元
I was just wondering if it's possible to somehow create an English-Chinese Flashcard deck that drew from all of the Tuttle dictionaries Sample Sentences, displayed the english, and then revealed the characters and/or pinyin when reveal is pressed.

I don't mind doing a bit of text-processing/scripting if that makes it possible.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Alexis said:
I was just wondering if it's possible to somehow create an English-Chinese Flashcard deck that drew from all of the Tuttle dictionaries Sample Sentences, displayed the english, and then revealed the characters and/or pinyin when reveal is pressed.

There's no good way to do that at the moment, unfortunately - "doing more interesting stuff with example sentences" has been on our to-do list for years, it's mostly a matter now of getting all of our database files coded up so that it's easy to extract / search examples, but once we reach that point we can start looking at giving them their own audio / flashcard buttons.

Alexis

状元
mikelove said:
There's no good way to do that at the moment, unfortunately - "doing more interesting stuff with example sentences" has been on our to-do list for years, it's mostly a matter now of getting all of our database files coded up so that it's easy to extract / search examples, but once we reach that point we can start looking at giving them their own audio / flashcard buttons.

Thanks Mike. I look forward to the feature. In the meantime, I am just adding the card containing the sentence to my flashcard deck, turning the card into a custom card, then copying and pasting the sentence components into the appropriate field. A bit cumbersome, but does the trick.