Double Pinyin input?

pravit

秀才
Hello,

I've been using your PlecoDict software for over a year, and it's been a great help in my Chinese studies. I was wondering if you had considered adding Double Pinyin or some sort of abbreviated pinyin capability to the new PlecoDict. I look up a lot of words by Pinyin (probably more often than I look up characters I don't know), but I'm not very fast in typing with the "virtual keyboard" on most Palms. I think a desktop version of PlecoDict would be great (so I could use my typing speed on a real keyboard), but I'd still really like to see some faster way of typing in Pinyin on the Palm. Have you considered creating a PlecoDict-only soft keyboard that would display syllable components (e.g. -ao, -iao-, -ong, -ang , etc.)? Even just an "ng" button would be helpful.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Good idea, not something we can do in 2.0 but we're looking at a lot of things like this for 2.1 - a key goal for that release is to get our software working on Windows Mobile 6 "Standard" phones which don't have touchscreens and may use number pads instead of keyboards, so speeding up input becomes a lot more important.