Does $99.99 PlecoDict™ Bundle include the Oxford Dictionary?

A

Anonymous

Does $99.99 PlecoDict? Bundle include the Oxford Dictionary?

Does the PlecoDict? NWP English-Chinese + ABC Chinese-English Bundle include the Oxford Dictionary?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
No - if you want all 3, the best way to get that at present is to purchase the Oxford, then purchase the PlecoDict ABC+NWP Upgrade using the free PlecoDict registration code you get from the Oxford purchase. (we're working on a better system for the finished release)

A

Anonymous

Thanks,

So, it sounds like the price will come to $49.95 + $79.95 = $129.90 for all 3.

Is that how much the full bundle will cost when the final version is ready?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
We haven't decided yet... we're probably going to be raising the price of the Oxford by $10, in which case the bundle price would most likely end up at about $130, but there's a chance it could go down to $120. We may also offer a bundle of the Oxford and the ABC without the NWP dictionary, since a number of people have been buying that combination lately.

A

Anonymous

I'm not sure why anybody would want Oxford in addition to ABC+NWP. I purchased the latter, having upgraded from the original Oxford, and I never once missed it. It was great when it came out but can't really compare with the other two - besides, having to switch between different dictionaries (in the same language pairs) is a bit of a drag, though it would make sense for specialized dictionaries (e.g. computing or medical).

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
In general I agree, but some people actually do like to keep the Oxford around, either for the brand name or because (especially in English-Chinese) it tends to be a little better about HK/Taiwan vocabulary than the others. And some of its Chinese-English definitions are a little more thorough than the ABC's.

We're making progress on licensing a few of those specialized dictionaries, incidentally - it may still be a few months before they're ready but they're in the pipeline at least.

A

Anonymous

mikelove said:
We're making progress on licensing a few of those specialized dictionaries, incidentally - it may still be a few months before they're ready but they're in the pipeline at least.

That is awesome news. Just in case you need some encouragement on that front.