DLI - Filtered Old HSK to only supplement CBC

thesaxpax

Hello all, I pulled the words that aren't in the CBC textbooks from the HSK and put them in sets of 100. I did this originally for my own benefit, to allow me to study a set of 100 at a time using spaced repetition, but under fellow students' urging I'm deciding to upload them for everyone to use. I'll probably upload the New HSK rendition of this along with Gloss stuff and update this post, we'll see.

SOME THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND ABOUT THE ACCURACY OF THE LIST: I was in Unit 10 when I made the sets, and had went through the HSK lists visually picking ones I didn't recognize, so there is overlap with post-Unit 10 textbook vocabulary. I also included some words that were tough for me from previous units so there's a tiny bit of overlap there too. Out of the 4400+ words, I would guess about 500-600 are in the textbooks, and 200 or so are words you'll learn in the presentations you cover in class, but those numbers are total guesses.

FOR STUDYING THESE WORDS, I RECOMMEND starting to go through the sets at the end of Semester 2 and beginning of Semester 3. I went crazy for 3 weeks and learned the entire thing (spent an entire Saturday and Sunday, from wake till sleep, learning these and got through 20 sets of 100) at the back end of Unit 10 and throughout Unit 11. I used a spaced-repetition method where the set is randomized, only shows the traditional character set, and only has the reveal-entire-card option while I manually gauge my retention. After I went through all of the sets, I retested the entire list in one test over the course of a week and missed just short of 600 words (a 80+% retention rate for the 3 weeks of hardcore study, resulting in around a 50% increase in vocab compared to the entire CBC course) so I seriously recommend just knuckling down for a month to learn everything.

Attachments

• LEARNME HSK.txt
    1,000.6 KB · Views: 4,780