dictionary formatting

working on a user dict - digitizing a dictionary I have here at home.

Here's something I'm struggling with how to format:
Screen Shot 2014-08-25 at 11.10.21 PM.png
and a sample entry:
Screen Shot 2014-08-25 at 11.11.09 PM.png

How would one reference the other words, i.e.:上士 and 撑士 inside 支上 entry in English and Chinese?
is this a case of throwing 参见 at the end of the entry - or what?!

[2] a second thing I'm not sure how best to format:
Screen Shot 2014-08-25 at 11.14.39 PM.png
this is a sample sentence from an entry - topolectical word 莫法 is translated in smaller characters right next to it (无法) -- what's the best way to format this in a digitized-modern-dictionary-style?

When I typed it up myself I just wrote it in parenthesis : 简直莫法(无法)形容 | but maybe there's a better way to do this...?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
There's not really a good way to do links or smaller characters in user dictionary entries right now.

So what I'd suggest you do is create these with some sort of meta-tag you can easily find-and-replace: surround each thing with a special sort of brackets (maybe {{}}, say), or even with HTML/XML-style <link></link> tags, then make a copy of the file and find-and-replace them with whatever temporary solution you're using right before you import into Pleco. That way, once we add more robust formatting options for user dictionaries you'll be able to quickly update your file to use them.