Delete fields?

Can I delete fields I’m not using? Mostly: Cantonese and Cantonese Tone Changes, Taiwanese and Taiwanese Tone Changes

Can they be replaced in the future? Because in the very, very distant future I may want to learn different languages and dialects, but that’s years away.

Also what is Variant Info, Cloze Links, Reader Example Links, and Reader Context Links for? I can’t find any info on them anywhere (Google or the manual)

Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
For the moment I'd recommend leaving them - we're planning to make the built-in fields Pleco relies upon mostly non-editable in a later 4.0 beta, but we're not testing every conceivable migration scenario from earlier betas, and it's possible that by deleting one of them you might muck up something.

For the moment I'd recommend leaving them - we're planning to make the built-in fields Pleco relies upon mostly non-editable in a later 4.0 beta, but we're not testing every conceivable migration scenario from earlier betas, and it's possible that by deleting one of them you might muck up something.
Will do! Thanks! It would be great if we could “hide” them or something in the Expert Settings so they don’t show up every time I edit a card. Just a thought!