delete cutom dictionaries

isaachou

i imported some flashcards or something a few weeks ago, and it created a custom dictionary. if i tap and hold it lists ABC oxford Unihan, and seven instances of User C-E. which all seem to point to the same file. i used the file explorer to find and delete all instance of the user c-e in the my documents folder but the phantom file still persits. how can i get rid of it short of reinstalling?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You can't get rid of every custom dictionary, since it will automatically create a new one on startup if it can't find one; that new dictionary will be empty, though, so if you delete all of the other ones you won't be wasting much storage space.

isaachou

can you tell me how to locate the custom dictionary? i deleted all instanced of CE user whatever, but the custom dictionary is still there and still really full of junk, i tried to import flashcards in UTF-8 format and it created a faulty custom dictionary. i tried deleting the entire thing one entry at a time but now it seems to have become unstable and often crashes...

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
There must still be one of those old files lying around, then - did you move any of them to some other location on your Pocket PC at some point? Look through your handheld's memory using File Explorer and delete any other Pleco user dictionary files you see listed.