Definitions in flash card

Sasukeee

Hello

I am currently using the flash card test system for Cantonese but when I reveal the card it will often only show the first definition out of many. Is there a way to show all definitions without me having to go to the word's page and scrolling through the whole thing?

Thanks

Sasukeee

Just to add I'm using words.hk as my primary dictionary. Also I'm aware that I can show both definitions and examples but I can't find a way to show definitions only without it sometimes only showing the first definition.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Not possible at the moment with that dictionary, no - it's not really structured ideally for Pleco flashcards and we haven't yet developed a process for fixing that. (= write a bunch of scripts to transform it into a database with a single entry for each unique word)

Sasukeee

Thanks for getting back to me. Is it something that might become available in the future? I'm sticking with Pleco for the long run and it would really be a nice feature to have.

By the way is there a way to move the floating button in the definition screen? Right now it's overlapped by the border that comes up when I have a word selected.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
In 4.0 we've made it possible for a flashcard to link to multiple dictionary entries, so it should be fixed by that even if we don't do anything to improve the database structure.

Floating button: you can hide it altogether (Settings / Definition Screen / Floating Button) but there's not currently a way to move it.