Default Cantonese Search Profile

Alexis

状元
Hi Mike,

Thanks for making a Default Cantonese Search Profile!

I reset all my settings today to try out the defaults and had the following observations:
1. The Cantonese search profile appears by default. But maybe this is because I had downloaded a Cantonese dictionary?
2. I noticed that the "Limit to dicts with Cantonese" option (In Expert Settings -> Search Profiles -> Cantonese -> Dictionary Order) appears after enabling "Cantonese readings". This leads me to conclude that the selection of whether to use the "Mandarin" or "Cantonese" search profile is based on the romanization used to search?
3. Sometimes when going back into the Expert Settings -> Search Profiles -> Cantonese -> Dictionary Order, the Dictionary Order has changed from "default" to "default w/exclusions" (and nothing is selected in exclusions)
4. The Cantonese search results seem to list separately if the Mandarin romanization is different. Possible to merge these if the Characters and Cantonese Romanization is the same?
1716133020225.jpeg

5. When searching by characters, the Cantonese profile is not limited to Cantonese language dictionaries (ie. includes Pleco Basic, Key, Oxford, etc). Possible to filter these out? Perhaps could use the Cantonese "Dictionary Group" for filtering the dictionaries?

Side observation, perhaps under Expert Settings, could drop the word "Manage"?