Creating Cards: From Dictionary Entries

Jim Kay

举人
The current on-line manual has this:

"Creating Cards
From Dictionary Entries

The easiest way to create a new flashcard is to tap on the Add Card
btnaddword.png
button. This is available pretty much everywhere you see a dictionary entry in Pleco; in dictionary definitions, the popup reader, document reader, and even during flashcard test sessions (tap on a character / word once the card has been revealed / answered to bring up a popup reader for it, from which you can then add that character / word to your flashcard database). If you enable "Tap-hold list to add" in Settings / Flashcards / Card Creation, tap-holding on an item in a list of dictionary entries will add that entry to your flashcard database without even having to view it on a separate screen.

By default, new flashcards are not part of any category; they show up in Organize Cards as "Uncategorized." You can choose a category to automatically add new cards to in Settings / Flashcards / Default category. Alternatively, if you tap-hold on the Add Card button, a list will pop up allowing you to choose a category for your new flashcard to be added to. This will also become the default category for additional cards you create, though you can disable that (so that the default category remains unchanged) in Settings / Flashcards / Card Categories / Change on tap-hold. The category selection popup normally only shows you a list of top-level categories (i.e., categories that aren't grouped underneath other categories); change that by enabling Settings / Flashcards / Card Categories / Mutli-level cat prompt."

But when I use the "Add Card
btnaddword.png
" button, I don't get a card immediately. Instead, the card is added to a file named: "Pleco C-E Words.txt" which I can import. THEN I get the new cards.

I am misunderstanding something again?

Thanks,
Jim