Couple questions

I really love your product guys! Just wanted to say how amazingly useful it is! Anyway, I had a couple of suggestions.

1. Since you guys already have a reader within your program, have you considered adding a simple writer? (basically simple notepad/editor), if you added a Email Connection so that you could quickly send from accounts you've already setup on your Ipad, that would be amazingly convenient. Actually, it would be really nice if the editor supported a traditional chinese IME, since Apple unfortunately still hasn't added a Traditional Chinese input to the Ipad.

2. I'm not sure how feasible this would be, but when Apple OS adds support for multitasking, would it be possible for you guys to create the equivalent of a TSR, so that no matter which App I was in, I could click on any Chinese text within, and Pleco would pop up the definition? Kind of like how the MDBG desktop application as the Hover-Over Chinese feature for any Windows App. On another note, perhaps you could even talk to Apple about adding a Chinese Dictionary into Ibooks, etc, they've already got support for an English one, and if anybody could design a Chinese one, it should definitely be you guys!! :)

thanks again for everything!
Taiwan Shaun

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
taiwanshaun said:
1. Since you guys already have a reader within your program, have you considered adding a simple writer? (basically simple notepad/editor), if you added a Email Connection so that you could quickly send from accounts you've already setup on your Ipad, that would be amazingly convenient. Actually, it would be really nice if the editor supported a traditional chinese IME, since Apple unfortunately still hasn't added a Traditional Chinese input to the Ipad.

Already got one, though it's an "experimental" feature and hidden unless you enable it (Settings / Reader / Enable Text Editing); we're getting rid of the "experimental" tag in 2.2 (though we're still not entirely happy with it). You can create a new file with the "New File" command in the document browser, and edit a text file by tapping on the "Edit" button at the top right corner of the screen.

taiwanshaun said:
2. I'm not sure how feasible this would be, but when Apple OS adds support for multitasking, would it be possible for you guys to create the equivalent of a TSR, so that no matter which App I was in, I could click on any Chinese text within, and Pleco would pop up the definition? Kind of like how the MDBG desktop application as the Hover-Over Chinese feature for any Windows App. On another note, perhaps you could even talk to Apple about adding a Chinese Dictionary into Ibooks, etc, they've already got support for an English one, and if anybody could design a Chinese one, it should definitely be you guys!!

It's not feasible with the way multitasking works in OS4, but it's certainly possible they might enable it in a future release and we'd eagerly support it if they do. It would certainly be nice to get Pleco integrated into iBooks, but it's pretty tough to get Apple interested in that sort of thing...