Compatibility with CJK OS?

A

Anonymous

The Berlitz phrasebook series is a great idea and the demo so far looks promising. I'll be buying soon, I'm sure.

One question, is it a commonly known issue of incompatibility with CJKOS on? I've had to switch CJKOS off, otherwise characters (in Cantonese and Korean dictionaries) are scrunched up.

If it is a common issue, can you offer any workarounds, as I need to have CJKOS on regularly for data entry and reading other texts?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
We actually became aware of this the day after version 1.0 was released, we're working on a fix which should be out in the next week or two. It also causes problems on Palm OS 6, so fixing it is a big priority for us.

The basic problem is that we're using methods normally used to draw standard English text for drawing text in other languages (which seems to make things a little faster); we assumed that OS6 and CJKOS would figure this out and not apply their various "hacks" to text processing, but they don't, and therefore we pretty much have to abandon that method altogether and go back to the one we use to draw text in the Oxford dictionary (which does everything completely by itself and never even lets the OS see what text it's trying to draw).