Coloured text in the file reader

Krytes42

I know that automatic tone colouring hasn't been implemented yet for the file reader, but is there any epub style/formatting information that the file reader will honour? I'd like to take one of my epubs with coloured text and read it with Pleco's file reader.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
It should accept basic HTML formatting like text colors, yes, though probably more reliably with <span> tags than with CSS. (we're actually just handing the whole thing to Android and having it return a styled text string so it's kind of system-dependent)

Krytes42

Thanks very much, works perfectly now. I'd been trying to use CSS. Is there any way to adjust font or font size within a document? font-size and font-family in the span tag don't seem to have any effect. The text displays at a reasonable size on my phone, but it's tiny on my ebook reader and always displays in the system default font.

Krytes42

I didn't realize that there was a font size setting for the reader! (under general settings, not reader settings, if anyone else was unaware). Yes, that works fine, thank you again. Using the system font is much less of a problem.