CJKOS Treo 650

I recently lost my Treo (which I had for 2 years) in taxi. I just got a new one, I know the palm OS is being discontinued, but my treo was really dependable, and the prices now are extremely cheap.
Anyway, I successfully reinstalled Pleco, and was able to upgrade to the 2.0.... still feeling my way around the new functions, but so far great!

My problem is: the new Treo I bought seems to have problems with the CJKOS. I can read Chinese in text messages that are sent to me, no problem. But there is NO input. I cannot input Chinese by hand or pinyin. The input function is just not there.

I am just wondering what is my best option.

To make things more complicated, I have a hot-sync problem, unrelated to the above. I am not a palm expert at all, so it was thanks to the the great instructions on the pleco website that I did a successful card install. So.. I am wondering.. can I do this with CJKOS as well? Re-install it by card?

Sorry for the stupid questions.

Henry

进士
I'm not sure if this will do it, but check in the 'Prefs' program for PenP or 中文手写. If you can find it and open it that means CJK OS is installed and running.

I think the setting you want is 全屏幕 (full screen input) and make sure that 常用字 is checked.

Hope that does it!

Regards, Henry

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I did check all the prefs. CJKOS was indeed installed, but it had no IMEs. That little box just said NONE. No 全拼,nothing. I knew I had to get the IMES on somehow but wasn't sure how. Finally just tried beaming them on using bluetooth, and that worked beautifully.

Still no pen input but I don't use that much while texting anyway, too difficult trying to write in a moving taxi or bus.