Change flashcard system

Hello,
I'm trying to change the flashcard system to Anki. I've purchased the Flashcard add-on as well as the bundle later on. However, the option is not showing up. I've uninstalled and re-installed the app.

Pleco version: 3.2.94
Android version: 14

Thank you

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
And this is the normal version of AnkiDroid, not a custom build or whatever but the official version on Google Play with the official package ID (com.ichi2.anki)? And not a really old version? I assume it doesn't make any difference if you reboot, or if you reinstall AnkiDroid?

The check for that setting to appear is very simple - we just ask Android if the AnkiDroid content provider is installed and if it's a compatible version (and the check is only to make sure the version number is at least the minimum one we need) - so there shouldn't be a lot of places it could go wrong. I'm not aware of any recent changes in Android 14 that would put any extra restrictions on this sort of query.

Correct. I got it from the play store. When I first got the flashcard add on, I did see the ability to switch to Anki and I tried it. I did not like it at the time so I reverted back and uninstalled Anki.

Now I don't see the option at all. I have cleared cache and data. I have uninstalled, rebooted, then reinstalled.

Thank you for your help.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I'm afraid in that case I don't really know what else to suggest - seems like somehow the process of uninstalling and reinstalling AnkiDroid may have screwed up something in where Android directs requests to connect to it. Maybe check the system settings app to see if you can give Pleco permission to connect to AnkiDroid, or if there are any other app permissions you can set / clear?