Change document encoding after it is imported

Mythaar

秀才
I am trying to read a document with the document reader on iPhone. However, I imported it in the wrong format. Despite searching this forum and the guide, I still can't figure out how to change the encoding. Any help?

It is an EPUB document, and when I click the (I) in file manager, I don't get an option to change the encoding.
IMG_6684.PNG

Shun

状元
Hi Mythaar,

sure, you could try opening the EPUB file in the open source reader calibre—if calibre displays the EPUB correctly, you could re-encode it to EPUB inside calibre and then open the re-encoded EPUB in Pleco, or convert it to a PDF file if you don't mind a different format.

I wonder how you fared, hope this helps,

Shun

I am trying to read a document with the document reader on iPhone. However, I imported it in the wrong format. Despite searching this forum and the guide, I still can't figure out how to change the encoding. Any help?

It is an EPUB document, and when I click the (I) in file manager, I don't get an option to change the encoding.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yes, you'd pretty much have to re-convert it - if an EPUB is encoded in something other than UTF-8 it might not open very reliably in Pleco.