Card presentation issue

Hi,
Using the (paid add-on) flashcard module, I’d like to run tests in the following way.
  • Use cards of a certain category (step ok, “Card category” = ‘Category_A’)
  • Pleco only shows characters (step ok, “Show” = ‘Characters’)
  • Once a character is displayed, I will decide for ‘mark correct’ or ‘mark incorrect’
  • If I run the test again, say the day after, only cards marked incorrect are shown - the objective being to run tests for ‘Category_A’ up to the moment zero card is marked incorrect.
My problem is about steps 3 and 4. I have tried to set “Profile” = ‘Simple or ‘Spaced repetition’, combining with different answers once a test has started, i.e., ‘Continue’ or ‘Continue w/o dates’, but unsuccessfully …
Thank you for your guidance.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
For step 4, you would want to do a 'card filter' 'history filter' for 'not correct in row' 1 - this way the test will include both cards that were marked incorrect and cards that have not been reviewed yet.

For step 3, what is it showing you now instead if correct/incorrect? If it's asking you to rate your answer, turn off 'prompt for answer quality' in New Test / Scoring.

For step 4, you would want to do a 'card filter' 'history filter' for 'not correct in row' : done (see screen copy)
Then, I used 'Spaced Repetition' for "Profile" (see screen copy)
Running tests now, I get the "No Cards Found" message (see screen copy) ...

Attachments

• Card Filters Screen.jpeg
    Card Filters Screen.jpeg
    548.7 KB · Views: 28
  • General Test Screen.jpeg
    General Test Screen.jpeg
    578.1 KB · Views: 28
  • No Cards Found.jpeg
    No Cards Found.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
1) Great, Mike, it works now by putting "1". The problem is: after ‘Category_A’ is done, i.e., after the moment zero card is marked incorrect, if I want to repeat the test again, the "No Cards Found" window shows again: I guess this is expectable as no more card is marked incorrect now. But then, even after following the procedure, i.e., tap on Profile, tap on the “Manage” button, tab on your current profile, etc., no way to get tests running on ‘Category_A’ (Pleco always gets back to the "No Cards Found" window) …

2) What should be the value of “Profile”: ‘Simple’ OR ‘Spaced Repetition’ ?

3) Is it possible to
- run tests on ‘Category_A’,
- stop after the 1st round (some cards of Cat A are then marked correct and some marked incorrect),
- run tests on ‘Category_B’
- stop after a 1st round (some cards of Cat B are marked correct and some marked incorrect),
- get back and continue tests on ‘Category_A’, etc.
In other words, does each category have its own History data ?

Thank you.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
1) For that, you'd need to go in and reset the cards' scores - Scoring, Scorefile, Manage, Default, Reset Scores. This would delete the score history for every card and get you back to the beginning so you could run the test again.

2) Those are actually just saved sets of settings, but for what you're describing the defaults for "Simple" will probably work better. You can create more sets of settings there (tap Manage) and switch between them so you don't have to go around checking a lot of different boxes to change categories.

3) This should already be possible, assuming I understand your current settings correctly - is it not working now?

1) Thanks. Deleting "the score history for every card" seems to work fine.
2) I think I get it ...
3) I understand that the History data is not related to a category, but rather to the cards themselves. If two categories do not have any card in common, then changing from one category to another works fine.