Can't open Pleco

zang

秀才
When I click on Pleco on my iPod touch, it looks like the app will start, but before it does, it returns me to the iPod homepage. How do I fix this?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sorry about that.

What model of iPod, what version of iOS, and what version of Pleco? Did you just download Pleco from the App Store?

zang

秀才
4th gen i pod touch (8GB), 6.1.6. I'm not sure how to check what version of Pleco. I've had this Pleco for a while, and it only started doing this a couple of days ago.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That's going to be an older one then. Does it help matters if you put your iPod into Airplane Mode and then reboot it?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
What about if you go into the system Settings app, go into Pleco's screen in there, and turn on the option to reset all settings on startup?

If that doesn't help either then I'm afraid the next step would be to delete and reinstall.

ppvienna

What about if you go into the system Settings app, go into Pleco's screen in there, and turn on the option to reset all settings on startup?

If that doesn't help either then I'm afraid the next step would be to delete and reinstall.

iOS8, iPad.mini
I was reading a PDF in Reader . By chance I hit Add-ons in the left selection list.
The add-ons screen appears but added a magnifying lens
(in it appears something like:
...ATTR...
horizon... )
and the screen hangs.

Method to cancel this?
Resetting in Systems-Setup /pleco and restarting iPad does not help.

I have a version on iPhone still running (and the original on a 3rd generation ipod-touch)

Deletion / reinstall needs a new registration-identification ?
Or is restore purchases on App-store enough?
Flashcards survive restore?

ppvienna
I was reading a PDF in Reader . By chance I hit Add-ons in the left selection list. The add-ons screen appears but added a magnifying lens (in it appe

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Rebooting your entire iPad didn't fix this? Very odd - could you send a screenshot? (take a screenshot by pressing the power and home buttons on your iPad at the same time) Post it here or email to mikelove@pleco.

Restore purchases should be enough to bring back your purchases, no extra ID info needed. Flashcards would only survive if you had them set to sync on iCloud, or if you back them up manually before you delete and reinstall (which sounds like it's not possible here).

ppvienna

Rebooting your entire iPad didn't fix this? Very odd - could you send a screenshot? (take a screenshot by pressing the power and home buttons on your iPad at the same time) Post it here or email to mikelove@pleco.

Restore purchases should be enough to bring back your purchases, no extra ID info needed. Flashcards would only survive if you had them set to sync on iCloud, or if you back them up manually before you delete and reinstall (which sounds like it's not possible here).

I just upgraded to ios8.2 (which includes restart) and the problem was gone.
May be I changed the settings for restart but did not actually restart(?!)