Can Pleco run on the OMS operating system?

feibuke

Hi,

I'm currently considering buying a smartphone which would run OMS, a Chinese-made version of the Android operating system. I wanted to know if anyone has had any experience trying to download and install Pleco on an OMS smartphone and whether it's possible to do so.

Thanks for your time and consideration!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
feibuke said:
Hi,

I'm currently considering buying a smartphone which would run OMS, a Chinese-made version of the Android operating system. I wanted to know if anyone has had any experience trying to download and install Pleco on an OMS smartphone and whether it's possible to do so.

Thanks for your time and consideration!

Tough to say for my part since we haven't tested on them here - in general though I'd always pick as standard / popular an Android phone as you can get; even if Pleco is compatible with a less-common one, other apps you're interested in might not be.

Oriented

I have a Huawei T8300 smartphone (rooted) for use when in the mainland (China Mobile) which came with plan (minimum one year). It is an OMS system which is sort of compatible with Android 2.2. As it is rooted, I removed a lot of the unnecessary programs (with their .apk files) to free up memory and converted many apps to run from the SD card to save memory. Titanium Backup currently doesn't function with it.

With my Huawei T8300 smartphone, Google Play and Google email apps don't come with the phone. Whilst I tried to install them as apps, they don't work. I would have liked to have easily synced with my Google Contacts but instead used a Call logs Backup and Restore and SMS Backup and Restore program. There are many to choose from. Google Maps does work but not all the functionality since you can't access the favorites that are synced with your Google account.

There are other download managers such as SnapPea which work fine and will enable you to download Pleco CN version and it works nicely. Swype (with Chinese language installed) works nicely with the phone too to replace the default keyboard that comes with it.