Business Networking among Expats in China

shaoxintu

Who knows the best way to network with other expats here in China?

I am an American guy who has lived in China for over four years and I am wondering if there are any established networks for expats here in China.

I thought, maybe, many of the people who use this dictionary would also like to network with others here in China. This idea only came to me recently because I have opened a restaurant south of Guiyang and I have found that one of the biggest attractions is that I am a foreigner making authentic western food. Maybe there are others here in China who also have a business or are thinking about opening a business in China and would like some other people to network with in order to increase our chances for success.

Well, that's all for now. I hope anyone reading this understands I am not trying to sell anything, I am just trying to contact others here in China who are trying to do business here. Thanks!

Steve Short (shaoxintu)

:)oops: I bought the Oxford version over a year ago and used it a lot and find it very useful. Then I moved from Beijing to Guiyang last year and got so involved with other things in life here that I neglected visit this forum. Now I am back and it occured to me that, maybe, there are other people in a similar situation: I am in China and relatively isolated from other English-speaking people.}

Hi Steve,

Don't know if your are still checking-in, given your post was Oct 2005 and no one else bothered to reply. Anyways I am in a similar situation (four years on/off studying in China + recently involved in a small biz venture). Would like to exchange ideas / experiences and perhaps consider future biz cooperation if it makes collective sense.

So let me know if you (or anyone else) want to continue this thread.

paco

hey..
I know at least in Shanghai there is something called NEXT STEP. They get together every other Tuesday.
Great way to meet ex-pats and do some networking.
You can google it.