Bug Report: Markup Function Issues

kasim

举人
Hello,

I would like to report a bug I've encountered while using Reader. Specifically, there are issues with the markup function that I believe need to be addressed.

1. Automatic Redirection to First Page: Whenever I use the markup function, the app automatically redirects me to the very first page of the document, regardless of my current position. This forces me to scroll back to my original location every time I open the markup function. For example, if I'm in the middle of a document, I have to scroll back to that position after using the markup function, which is quite inconvenient. The only time it redirects me correctly to my last position is after saving my input.

2. Text Placement Restrictions: Additionally, the markup function restricts where text can be placed. It appears that text can only be added in certain predefined areas. Please see the attached video

I am not sure if the text placement restriction is intended, but the issue of being redirected to the first page every time I open the markup function seems to be a bug.

Best regards,
Kasim

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sorry, the Markup command has nothing to do with us - Apple is opening the PDF in their own separate editor to mark up, I'm not sure if the resulting changes would even be viewable in Pleco. We'll see about hiding that system menu command in a future update. (we might eventually support PDF markup natively but it's not in scope for 4.0)