Audio-books with accompanying text?

A

abdrifter

I've had some good results using Pleco Reader to simultaneously listen to and read Chinese texts, and I just wonder if you would consider offering a variety of recordings for this purpose (short stories, articles, or even more lengthy novels?). Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
If we could find a good source for them, sure - developing this sort of content ourselves is a bit beyond our abilities at the moment but I suppose it might be an option one day.

garysaville

进士
John Pasden of ChinesePod.com is working for a publishing company that are releasing graded readers. I recently bought their first book 秘密花园. It is a Kindle only release at the moment. Seeing content like that available for Pleco would be amazing. But I highly doubt publishers will allow their work to be sold on an open platform in plaintext. Perhaps in the future, Pleco could sell read-only content that could be downloaded through in-app purchases. John might be a good contact for content, and I think they'd sell more for Pleco's platform than for Amazon's.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
We could certainly sell books as IAP, yes - would be quite easy to add DRM to our EPUB reader function if there was a use for it.

A

abdrifter

Thanks for the heads-up 进士,I just bought the Kindle edition; so wish Pleco had something like this, too!